Mom: quilts, crochet, knits, sews
Uncle Max: artist and more
Aunt Pat: creates awesome food, flower arrangements, anything she needs
Aunt Ruby: quilts, knits, crochet, and children's crafts
Aunt Evelyn: quits, crochet
Aunt Peggy: creative eye, just about anything she wants to do
Uncle Lamar: woodwork
Uncle Leonard: woodwork, rebuilds antique farm equipment, he can do anything with his hands
No Contemporary Photo
Uncle Earl: woodwork
No Contemporary Photo
Uncle James: woodwork
Aunt Robbie: did not know her well, but she was an avid collector
Many of my cousins are uber talented. Well now it's in the hands of the next generations. My granddaughter loves, loves crafts and she loves Grandma's studio. I never say she can't have anything in my stash. She's been working Fiskars squeeze punches since she was two and had her own by the time she was three. I have her first layout she did when she was about 18 months old. FYI: she can work my Circut Imagine better than I can.
This layout is at CHA for the Epiphany Crafts booth.
Ms. H has just entered the world of stamping. She totally and completely loves it. She made this layout for her mom and dad.
What I Learned
- Fiskars Easy Stamp Press is great for children. They have success on the first try and that allows them the confidence to keep going. H did move on to wood stamps. "Beautiful" is an older stamp of Ali Edwards.
- Epiphany Crafts custom epoxy buttons and flowers allowed me to use American Crafts line of paper to create a more uniformed layout.
- Keep your embellishments, you never know when you might want to use them. I bought this little wooden bird some time ago and never used it. How perfect is it nestled in the bed of flowers.
- I used one of American Crafts papers to create the circle flowers (one of their flower designs) and the circle buttons (another of their circle designs).
- Although not everything needs ink, I did use Tim Holt's Distress Stain, Fire Brick, on the chipboard letters at the top!
Have a Crafty Day!
1. my extended family
2. my Uncle Max, who holds a special place in my heart and life
3. a creative family
4. God placing within each of us a bit of His creativity
5. strength from God to push through the Fibromyalga to care for Little Honey