I've been working on layouts to be framed and hung in my dinning room. I've made one for each member of the family. I only have two to go: my daughter and her husband and me and Jim. I was trying to do mine and Jim's using mostly older products with a few exceptions. Just because you can cut, add embellishments, and add journaling/sub-titles doesn't mean you should do. Needless to say this is not going up on my walls. I can't even bring myself to tear it up and start again.
The Other Story
The first picture is our engagement photo taken by our own hometown photographer Lamar Studios. They second photo was taken maybe 10 years ago at church by Olin Mills. I wanted to depict the years we've traveled together.
Boy, Did I Learn
- Go back and read the past "What I Learned" before attempting this style of layout. I wish I had.
- Too many embellishments. I couldn't stop. Good grief. It detracts from the photos.
- I love the use of the old clock face by Heidi Swapp. I love what I did with it, but again the embellishments overshadow it.
- Too many sub-titles. I kept finding things that I want to say to Jimmy and the family. One title, one subtitle from now on.
- I cut up a lot of paper before deciding that these were the Graphic 45 images I wanted to use. I was so indecisive about what I wanted I cut out too many. I will use it later but I don't like doing that.
- I'm not crazy about the title colors. This was from an old K&Company line and I wanted to use it. Nay, not a good thing in this layout.
- More is not better and less can be just as powerful.
- When you are finished with your layout be satisfied in the process.
- Have fun!
Are you going to CHA or will you hang out at home and get involved in some online crop during the show? Me? I'm hanging out here. This is the first time in awhile I haven't attended Summer CHA. I'm feeling a little left out. I'm shooting for the winter show.
Have a Crafty Day!
1. my Little Honey's smile
2. friends who laugh, love me despite my shortcoming, and pray for me
3. my wonderful, understanding husband
4. the adventures I've had and the ones still to come
5. God's gift to me of the life He chose for me to live