This was Uncle Jay’s first time holding Little Honey who was only 6 weeks old at this photo. From the time Jay entered the room LH could not take her eyes off him. Jay was not accustom to babies and really didn’t know what to talk about with her. Rarely can you catch a photo of a fun moment like this with a six week old. This will be a treasured photo for Uncle Jay and LH.
What I Learned
- It was difficult to think how I can make this layout with Jay in mind as well as LH. I mixed distress, grungy style with sweet butterflies, flowers, and the doily.
- I used Maya Road's large bottle caps to make my background circles. It's hard to tell in the photo but I used Tim Holtz's Distress Crackle Paint. Not bad and very different for me.
- I was having a hard time coming up with my letters for the title. I finally settled on Grunge letters. I stained them and I didn't like the color I picked. Then I lightly painted them. Nope still the wrong color. After letting it all dry I ended up using Snow Cap Dabber. With all the layers the effect turned out pretty good. I would say I did this on purpose, but it was really out of frustration that it ended up this way.
- I used Prima's mask to all more pattern to the Bo Bunny paper. I love their paper BTW. I didn't know if it would turn out, but it just added to the design of the layout and and the entire distressed look.
- I loved using the resist technique for my tag and the flowered paper at the top. Again it just added to the whole flavor of the layout.
- I learned that sometimes you just have to dive in and give it a try.
- Mistakes can be fun and turn out for the best.
I wanted to let you know that Ali Edwards is doing a huge giveaway on her blog this week. All you have to do is leave a comment. Many people will win. Go give it a shot.
Do you know of someone having fun with techniques, classes/demos, giveaways on their blog? Leave a link in your comment and we can all check it out. Thanks
Have a Crafty Day!
1. Little Honey is feeling better
2. Jimmy and Jay is home safe
3. Adam and Vanessa
4. God's grace for giving me a wonderful family
5. a sweet rest that only God can instill in me