I'm Dreaming of Winter! Multi-photo Layout

This is the week in my journey I push the envelope and work with multiple photos on one page.  I can do two or three and be happy with it, but more is a push.  

My goal was to creatively create a layout my style but with multiple photos.  

This is number 1 of 3 for this week.  (Hint:  I have more to come for a special event.)

The Story
The photos are of Jacob during his biggest snow storm yet in South Carolina!  Doesn't his smile tell you everything!  That snowball in his hand did land on Mom.  He helps to build snowmen and generally stomp around in the snow.  My children did not grow up around snow like I did.  They don't know the fine art of catching snowflakes on your eyelashes, opening your month and with your tongue catch snowflakes, or catching them on your mittens and trying to see if they are all really different.  Snow angels?  No way. 

The Layout

What I Learned
  • Five photos on one layout and it turned out cool.
  • Use what is broke.  The title "Jingle Bells" is from Kaisercraft.  I've had it awhile and somewhere in the mix I broke it.  Add some Snow Cap paint and be creative.  It was easier than trying to piece it back together again.
  • The snowman stamp is from Stampers Anonymous, Tim Holtzcollection.  I stamped the image and embossed.  I cut it out, added a bit of faded jeans Distress Ink, and of course a scarf for a nice chilly embellishment.
  • The blue snowflake is from Epiphany Crafts.  I took one of their felt flowers and removed the top layer; I then cut off every other petal on both layers.  I added my own shape I made with EpiphanyCrafts shape tool and #25 round cap.  
  • After struggling a bit I realized that if you have multi-photos on a layout you really need to keep your design simple.  I wondered where I was going to put my journaling.  While I was editing the photos I discovered all this snow "white" space.  I added the journaling right to the photo while editing.  It was fun and so easy. 
  • Bo Bunny rocked the house with this line.


Antiquing
Well, Ruth and I each found a wonderful piece of memorabilia or ephemera.  She found four chairs in great condition that was priced beautifully.  $135.00...$130.00 over budget.

I found this incredible 1920's Lighted Theater Shadowbox.  The outside frame was gorgeous!  This inside was tin and I would have loved to use Graphic 45's Curtain Call line to alter the inside.  It too was $135.00, well over the 5 dollar budget.

I did want one other thing:  a 1 pint milk bottle.  Surely I can find one for around $5.00.  Nope.  The empty bottles went for no less than $24.00.  Again, it was outside my budget.  

Ruth and I decided we had fun, went through a lot of temptations, and acknowledged we will shop at the Flea Market next time.  LOL

Have a Crafty Day!

Gratitude List
1.  a fan
2.  accomplishments this weekend
3.  walks in the early morning
4.  time with Jim
5.  my beautiful, talented, loving daughter 

Comments

  1. Love the LO~it is so you and great 5 pic's. On your junk'in experience come to TEX we can junk for $5. LOL !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for working outside your comfort zone (and learning so much from it)! The page turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The layout is beautiful! I love the broken title. I thought you did that on purpose to show how rough the boys are playing in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful multi-photo layout! I love that you used the broken title- it’s still perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love how you added the journaling to the photo! So neat! You make me laugh with your antiquing adventures :) Everything I always find is over budget :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb Your page is beautiful, I always love your work. I love your jingle bell title. I thought it was pretty clever when I first saw your page, before I read that it was a broken embellishment. Using it truly made your page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely, fun page.
    Looks like he is having a blast in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job getting 5 photos on the page with it looking too busy or overwhelming! Those smaller photo sizes are the key, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!