Yarn and Scrapbooking, huh? / Winner

Thanks for the comments on “How to Teach Crafts Like a Rock Star.”  I hope to see many of you there.  I know it is going to be great and I can’t wait to learn more about teaching….like a Rock Star.  The winner of the free seat in the class is
Cindy F said...
What an awesome lineup of teaching talent! Can only imagine the sort of education you can garner from this uber talented & experienced group.

Congratulations!  Please send your name, first and last, and your email address to dspaperstudio@aol.com.  I’ll pass it on to Sudie Alexander and she’ll get you hooked up.  Click on the link in the side bar to take advantage of the reduced price for my blog readers!  Thanks Sudie.
 
Practice Makes Perfect...but not yet! 

I was a stay-at-home mom for years.  Now that my last baby is grown and off to college and my daughter has a beautiful new baby, I’m now a stay-at-home grandma!  Taking care of a growing, energetic, bright, 6 month old is full time.  I’ve tried to take my scrapbook supplies to their house but it’s a matter of getting in the time to do continuous scrapbooking.  I’m not great at the stop and go type of scrapbooking.  SO…

I’m trying to teach myself with a little help from YouTube tutorials how to knit.  Christmas is coming and it would be nice to create a few scarfs for presents.  

What I Learned
They don’t tell you everything on a tutorial!

 I've got one going for Little Honey's scarf for the Winter.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve started over and over because I did not understand what went wrong.  Why was there a hole?  Why was there two loops knitted into one?  How it all works together?  How to read pattern/instructions with all the abbreviations?  How to work with the big loop at the end of each row? How to fix it when you cast off wrong?   How to get the perfect edge?  That’s how I’ve been spending my time during naps at my granddaughter’s, teaching myself all these things.  I think I’ve got, but I’m not sure. 


My goal is to learn how to knit lace borders for my scrapbook pages.  Yep, nothing gets far from my paper art!

 A sneak and a peak...how many photos?

Next week is going to be full of multi-photo layouts…more than two photos!  LOL It is a real stretch for me, thus another opportunity on my Journey learning more about the craft. 

Have a Crafty Weekend!

Gratitude List
1.       joy of scrapbooking
2.      coffee friends
3.      a beautiful week in the weather, thank you God
4.      one nation, under God…still
5.      God’s leading and guiding my life into new adventures

Comments

  1. There is something about knitting that is so calming.

    I also taught myself 30+ years ago.
    I also quit smoking by knitting. Kept my hands busy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom knits on a round loom and makes hat for charities~your scarf is looking gooD Congrats to Cindy F.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's great that you're teaching yourself how to knit! I hope it continues to go well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your knitting! I've taken it up again. My grandma taught me to knit when I was a kid. It just takes practice. I signed up for a class at a local knit shop, hoping to get beyond washcloths and scarves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for you teaching yourself to knit. I hear you on the 'not telling you everything' part. Hee. Get yourself involved in a local knitting circle, you'll get great tips from the ladies! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!