When Tabitha was 1 year old I made her first costume, a witch. It was so adorable with a cape and hat. I even made the pointed hat. I have made at least two clown costumes that I still have.
There is nothing more fun than a homemade costume for Halloween.
William and Tabitha, my clown and ghost. The clown outfit was Tabitha's the year before. Three of my children wore this suit over the years. William picked out the hat and face mask. He did not like the make-up. Tabitha wanted to be a ghost so a sheet, a pair of scissors (I wonder if they were Fiskars scissors?) and a quick zip around the sewing machine and there was my easiest costume.
What I Learned
- It's fun to use the old stash. I haven't purchased any new Halloween papers this year because I have so much from previous years. This I think is Little Yellow Bicycle.
- I found some older rub-ons and added the haunted house on the bottom. It turned out better than I thought it would. It looks like the paper was designed that way.
- BIGGY: I wanted a spiderweb border. Instead of buying one I used my Heidi Grace spiderweb stamp and stamped my border and cut out one side of the webs. I love my new handmade border "punch"! FYI: As I'm typing this I remember I have an EK Success spiderweb punch. I do like my border better.
- I ran out of O's with this set of chipboard letters. I used the inside part of different letters to make my eyes. I used Tim Hotz's Distress Ink, Picket Fence. After it dried I used my Sakura Gel pen to make the eyes. For the finishing touch I added eyelashes from my scraps. Love it!
What fun I had creating this layout. The fun memories and making my own spidey border.
Note: I knew I could not make 52 cards. Now I am behind on the third week. Fortunately, I have cards to spare for mailing. I am so freaked out about making them that it took me forever to scrap a few layouts. I know it must be a mental thing.
Pssssssst...12 Days of Home for the Holidays has some of the most incredible crafters from around the world sharing their holidays right here on D's Paper Studio. Mark your calendar for December 1st!
Have a Crafty Day!
Gratitude List1. a well Little Honey
2. Jay's Fall break from college
3. strength from God to get up every morning
4. Adam, Vanessa and little Lilly (pup)
5. the wonder of God's world