Why? Just Because! Halloween Fun

For no rhyme or reason I decided to create this series of Halloween art with Tattered Angel's Glimmer Chips as my base.  I had no goal in mind other than to take these five "chips" (4" x 8") and make Halloween Art.  I had so much fun.  It was very relaxing.

I used Tim Holtz's Limited Edition Fall Distress Inks on every chip.  For me, these are the best colors Tim and Ranger has produced.

I won't bore you with everything I did for each chip, but rather just the techniques I loved doing.

Favorite Technique(s)
I inked two grommets (Making Memories 2007) black with Stazon Jet Black Ink.  I added the bat from a Heidi Grace stamp for the eyes eyelashes and added the "eyeballs" with a marker. 

Favorite Technique(s) I used Tim Holtz's Tissue Tape (click on the link for the tutorial by Tim) to make my flower.  After I made the flower I took the ink applicator and just lightly tipped the edges with the Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink.  I added the title A Bootiful Night that came from some older Halloween stickers. I distressed the edges and inked all around.  I added it to the flower with a Tim Holtz's Memo Pin.

Favorite Technique(s)
I dipped the flowers in UTEE from my Melt Pot.  The flowers already had a grungy, dark look (Prima).  I stack them together and secured them with a brad.  Once I dipped them into the UTEE the flowers darkened  and I was able to quickly "fluff" the petals with my craft tweezers.
Favorite Technique(s)
The gate is already embossed on the chip so I could not put anything behind the gate.  I took a rub-on and placed it on the gate.  I carefully used my Xacto knife to scrap away any of the rub-on that was on the posts of the gate.  When I finished it looked like the gravestone was behind the gate.  The illusion is better in person than on camera.

Favorite Technique(s)
I made the "dripping sky" using Tattered Angels' Glimmer Screen and Clear Snap's Smooch Spritz.  I laid the screen on my craft mat and spritzed it with the olive green spray.  I held up the screen to allow some of the excess to run off.  Not too much.  I treated the screen and spritz like a stamp and ink.  I carefully laid the screen on the chip and used my embossing stylus go up and down lightly on each extension.   Actually, this screen is of icicles!  I did it a second time.  Of all the chips I think I like this one best.  Mainly, I like it because of the Edgar Allen Poe reference. 

Do I send these out as cards for part of my 52 Weeks of Mail challenge?  We'll see.

Thanks for all the tips on the photography for my layouts.  If you haven't read them, go to the last post and read the comments for some great advice and tips.

What do you create "just because?"  

Have a Crafty Day!

Gratitude List
1.  I survived Monkey Joe's
2.  making new friends
3.  safety, peace, and love from God for a very good friend
4.  a very inexpensive fix for my car
5.  God's power in this world is never diminished by how little I attribute to His glory

Comments

  1. These rea fantastic~you nailed them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great - love the colours and misting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb---I love these. You were rockin'! I love those new TH colors too...not just cuz you know how I am about purple either. I love the orange and brown too. I love your technique of the tombstone behind the fence...very clever. I love how you always are full of surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous work! Really love that last one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow-love the cards! I like that you showcased a different technique on each one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure what glimmer chips are, but your tags are stunning!!!!
    I can't even pick a favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Debby, love your creations! I too love the little umbrella man...he reminds me of Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot! lol TFS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!