I decided to turn the wall decor into a scrapbook page.
The photos are another of our family Christmas tradition. We have always taken pictures of the kids with the Christmas Tree. It is really fun to go back and put them all together. You really see how they've grown!
I added the words to the song O, Tunnenbaum in German. When the kids were growing up I would sing it all the time to them.
- Home decor projects are fun to imitate on scrapbook layouts.
- I dislike my camera. I can't get a correct photo.
- Stickers can add much to a page. I'm not a sticker person but the giant snowflake worked.
- The shapes all worked together. Rectangle and circles together add an interesting flow to the layout.
- Sometimes a straight edge trimmer is better than a rotary trimmer. I learned early on to "halo" paper. Another words make a frame. With a straight edge trimmer you can cut the corners precisely. With the rotary cutter it's much more a guess work than not.
- I love doing the circle border at the bottom. Large circles, small circles, Epiphany Crafts scalloped caps. I added some chipboard buttons to add dimension.
Glitz Design Paper
Fiskars Border Punch
AC Thickers Letters
Basic Grey sticker
Epiphany Crafts scallop tool and caps
Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Vintage
Making Memories tiny letters
I had a great deal of fun creating this layout and I was able to preserve another family tradition.
Have a Crafty Day!
Gratitude List1. a good crafty weekend
2. learning more about God's love
3. the incredible fact that God does not condemn me, but loves me
4. my wonderful family
5. life's struggles that make us stronger and more dependent on God