I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas-52 Weeks of Mail

Dream of a White Christmas?  In South Carolina snow at Christmas is a dream.  Last year was the exception as Upstate did get snow on Christmas but the Midlands got snow the day after.  That was the first time I've ever seen snow at Christmas since living in South Carolina. 

I grew up in snow that started in October and ended in March.  As a child that was fun.
Snowmen

Snow Angels

Snow Cream

Snowball Fights

Sledding

Ice Skating

Snow Forts

...a red nose

I created my weekly card for 52 Days of Mail challenge by jumping on the season of snow.


The paper is from Moxxie.  
I won their entire new release a few years back at CHA.  It was out of the blue someone came up to me doing a cheer about Moxxie.  In the spirit of the moment I cheered back.  The Moxxie folks fell out laughing and one even hid her head under the table.  The funny secret was she had said if someone could get an unknowing victim, person,  to cheer for Moxxie without telling them why, they would giveaway the entire new release.  I believe they thought know one would do it.  Never underestimate the fun spirit of a crafter!

The Winter paper was so much fun I decided to design around the snowman.  I added
  • flocking to the snow bank
  • buttons to the snowman
  • lace
  • a banner with rub-ons
  • a Prima Flower
  • and highlighted the snowflakes with a Sakura pen
I'm beginning to like this card making idea. 

Crafty News
Creative Therapy blog has closed.  I will miss them.  Creative Therapy challenged through Catalysts to think about life and create art, including scrapbook layouts, about it.  The examples of some of the most creative artists are incredible.  I asked about how long the blog would stay up and they will keep it up as long as they can.  My plan is to write down the Catalysts so I can scrapbook more of them in the future.  I really encourage you to check out the blog and the Catalysts before it is gone. 

Have a Crafty Day!

Gratitude List
1.  looking forward to some crafty time
2.  a wonderful husband
3.  a bit of a sick, yucky week turning out better
4.  working on getting a handle of understanding the "realness" of God's Love
5.  my sweet granddaughters

Comments

  1. Cute story! I love the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute card!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. your card is beautiful~love how you designed using the buttons!!! I've never heard of that site~I'll check it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! Love the colours and button!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Love the buttons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love that card! It's absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!