As I was putting pages in the protectors I was disappointed when letters, embellishments, even photos came off some of the layouts. Most of the letters were self-adhesive. Some was just the adhesive I used. None of my supplies are stored in extreme temperatures.
So the Reality is ...
- not all adhesive, glue, or self-adhesive items are long term;
- not all adhesive has the ability to be flexible for turning pages;
- add more adhesive to your already self-adhesive items;
- go back once a year or so and check ALL your pages;
- find an adhesive that works long term for the climate in your area; and
- stay tuned here because I'm going to test several GLUES ... not dry adhesives...to see how they work both short term and next year at my "Get it in the Book" event I'll report back how they all held up.
I love the Helmar's sketch I posted last time so I thought this would be a great beginning. I used Helmar Premium Craft Glue.
Short term: I've been bouncing the page around and it's holding. Easy to use, dried fairly quickly, nothing buckled under the glue. FYI: this is my personal review in order to find the best glue for me...Helmar's did not ask me to do this.
Here's my interpretation of the Helmar January sketch.
The shadow on the photo is me taking the photo. LOL
I added tinsel embossing powder to the Tim Holtz Adornment. It added a low key sparkle.
Take a moment and read the journaling. It's a heart warming story. Click on any photo to enlarge to see details.
What types of adhesives and/or glue do you use? I would love some ideas to test out.
Websters Pages Waiting for Santa
Tattered Angels Tattered Traveler Glimmer Chips Pocket Watch
Prima Flowers, Heirloom Paper Leaves Willow, and crocheted buttons
Epiphany Crafts Round 14 and Scalloped tool and epoxy caps
Tim Holtz Adornment and Ticket
Tim Holtz Distress...stain: Weathered Wood; ink: Vintage Photo
Ranger Tinsel embossing powder
Helmar Premium Craft Glue
My Granddaughter started walking over the weekend so I have a lot to look forward to today!
Have a Crafty Day!
Gratitude List1. time with Jacob before returning to college
2. visit from Will and his family
3. safety when the railing on the porch gave way
4. the absolute beauty of life God has given me
5. Your hands made me and fashioned me; (Holy Bible, Psalm 119)