Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Summer Fun with X-ACTO!

I've been putting away my micro-tipped scissors to challenge myself to use my X-ACTO Z-Series craft knife.  My challenge to myself is to see if I can do many things faster and "sharper" than what I'm use to.  This layout is just a simple start. 

I used my X-ACTO Z-Series to quickly cut out the waves and fish from Little Yellow Bicycle's Splash.  Actually it was fast with one smooth movement.  I am discovering how this knife is different than the other X-ACTO knifes.  I'm putting this one to the test as I work through my projects.  I'm putting some really "tough" moves on it and I haven't broke the blade yet.  I love challenging myself to stretch and move outside the box. I can't wait to share through the month.

This is my Little Honey at a local water park.  Thanks to a sweet friend I have several layouts of some great photos. 

Ingredients: Little Yellow Bicycle's Splash Collection; Plaid stencil; Ranger's Snow Cap paint dabbers, white; sponge letter stamps; Fiskars Washed Ashore border punch; Dymo Label Maker; Tim Holtz tiny words; Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist;

I love this stencil from Plaid.  It's perfect for summer.  I'm also having a great time with my toothbrush splattering paint, mists, anything on my layouts.  I never could figure out how to do it before and ran into a tutorial that mentioned doing this.  Now I'm a "cool kid."  LOL

Don't forget there are two sponsored giveaways this month.  You can check them both out on this POST (CLICK). 

Specifically for the X-ACTO giveaway here on D's Paper Studio all you have to do is "LIKE" their Facebook Page ... X-ACTO...leave them a comment that "D's Paper Studio sent me" ... and make sure you leave a comment here to let me know you've "Liked" X-ACTO.  Two winners will be selected via the comments per Random.org to win a $25.00 gift card from Walmart to purchase your own X-ACTO Z-Series craft knife.  Cool beans!

Here is a fun photo I took at the children's museum butterfly exhibit.  I love it.  The caretaker told us that the butterfly was just born and they it was drying.  It had not even flown yet as of this photo.  What a beautiful moment to capture life at it's very beginning. 



Have a Crafty Day!






Gratitude List
1.  continuing answer to prayer for Eddie
2.  a quiet day
3.  sweet faces
4.  an understanding hubby
5.  God's strength even when I'm weak and sick

5 comments:

  1. I love that you SB more than one photo~I love to see all the photos:):)So cute and the waves look fantastic. I'll have to try that using my X~Acto knife!! Love the LO, it is jsut darling, love the inking too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with those waves. I use my XActo knife, but not a lot, scissors seem easier to me, but sometimes you HAVE to use a blade. The more I use it though, the easier it gets. Thanks for sharing, I "Liked" the XACTO page and left a comment that you sent me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout and very fun stencil. I LIked Xacto and let them know that you sent me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page! Lots of fun elements in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm exacto challenged and I could really harm myself - so I stick with scissors lol! Kudos to you for being coordinated enough. I love the fun photos and page. And that butterfly shot. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to D's Paper Studio. Thank you for your thoughts and questions. Feel free to leave your blog link. I love to be inspired.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...