LH went to a marionette showing of Pinocchio. Since I only have a point and shoot camera, taking photos in a dark theater is difficult. I did take a few photos of some of the characters that LH seem to respond to during the performance. They were blurry and under exposed. No amount of editing was going to help them.
I decided to use the banner element to utilize my character photos. The photos were the perfect size for the banner and LH will be able to make out each character from the play.
Ingredients: My Minds Eye paper collection; Epiphany Crafts flower buttons; Maya Road chipboard banner pieces; Webster's Pages letter stickers; We Are Memory Keeper twine.
- print the photos small;
- adhere to banner chipboard;
- use micro-tip scissors or X-ACTO® knife to trim the photo to the chipboard;
- use a paper piercer to punch the holes for the twine;
- ink the edges with Stazon ink;
- run twine through the holes;
- set the banner and adhere it to your layout. I overlapped my banner and added pop dots to every other banner flag.
How about a challenge for the weekend? Create a layout including a banner. Post it somewhere...your blog, Facebook, or your favorite message board... then leave a comment on this post with a link to your layout. The challenge will be open through Tuesday evening. I'll draw a random winner and announce it Wednesday for a Fiskars "Love Takes Flight" Squeeze punch.
Have a Crafty Weekend!
1. every moment I recognize my emptiness and God's greatness
3. moments of smiles, laughter, and determination
4. slow, deep breaths
5. cool air