Cards? Good Grief Here I Go Again!

Do you seriously want me to crumble up in a mush of paper and ink?  Just tell me it's World Card Making Day and I'll do just that.  I've have this total creative block when it comes to making cards.  Don't ask me why but I do.  World Card Making Day is my kick-off season to try and get a few Christmas cards made.

Do you believe I fought myself all weekend for the one simple design?  I did.  I even procrastinated by washing my car.  LOL  My goal is to make 4 cards from now until it's time to mail them for Christmas.  I thought I would make one design each week and create the card 4 times.  It was easier on card 2, 3, and 4!

 Graphic 45 basic card; Kraft for stamped image; DCWV card paper that I embossed

Sizzix/Basic Grey Christmas & Thin Ice Set Embossing folders; Tim Holtz Distress Inks festive berries, evergreen bough, iced spruce; Ranger Archival Ink Sepia; Inkadinkado Christmas stamp
 
K&Co die cut figures

Ribbon; Tim Holtz tiny attacher; Doily 

I am so not happy with the photos.  I'm trying to do more photos indoor, but I'm trying to figure out the setting to get a truer color. 

On a Personal Note

This is Papa's little girl.  Mimi and Ali was carrying on a perfectly good conversation when Papa walks into the room and says "Hey!"  (hello in the south).  Ali's face lit up with the world's biggest smile.  This smile was just an afterwards smile.  I've never seen a baby with such a big beautiful smile like this one.  We love our little granddaughter Ali. 

Have a Crafty Day!







Gratitude List
1.  cooler weather
2.  sweet kisses
3.  a day at the theater with LH
4.  God's protection and safety in the light of my forgetfulness
5.  calmness in the middle of storms 

Comments

  1. Your cards look wonderful! She is a cutie and what a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd never know that creating cards turns you to mush. LOL! These are beautiful! Super sweet smile on Ali. She could light up a room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why you struggle with making cards because you are so talented and make beautiful ones. I had a fun WCMD with the wonderful challenges at Fiskateers. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol I would opt for cardmaking over washing my car any day! Great cards!! Sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cards are beautiful. Great use of the paper for cutouts...baby is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And you said card making wasn't your strong point, I have to disagree.
    I can relate to procrastinating when there is something your not to keen on doing, lol.
    Such a cute baby :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!