My Take: Canning "Rings" Pumpkin

A friend of mine posted this on Facebook a few days ago and I fell in love with it.  I needed something new for my little kitchen table so I pulled together what I had and created a canning ring pumpkin.  The original instructions are at "Fun Home Things."

Ingredients:  Canning Rings; spray paint, cinnamon sticks; stain finish; twine; ribbon;  Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Forest Green; Prima Leaves; hot glue gun

I was suppose to use 20 rings and I would advise anyone making this to use the 20 rings.  Obviously, I didn't count while I was putting it together.  I painted the rings outside and I dropped 2 bringing them in.  It was dark and I didn't notice.  So I ended up with 18 rings. It was a little more difficult than I expected to get it to fill in the spaces.  Well, use 20 rings, Deb.  LOL

I only had 2 cinnamon sticks which doesn't fill the hole in the center.  I would easily recommend 3 large or 4 small cinnamon sticks.  I just wrapped the middle of the sticks with a piece of burlap I had laying around, added a bit of hot glue to hold it in place, and it worked. 

I buy rolls of sheer white ribbon from my local box craft store.  All I have to do is spritz it with some type of ink like what I used here with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, or you can use Maya Road's, Clear Scraps, Ranger's, etc.  spray inks.  You can also just run an ink pad over the ribbon, mist it with a light spray of water and it will do the same.  Then I use my heat gun to dry the ribbon and heat it up to literally melt some of the fibers so it curls up.  It is a quick and easy way to get the right color for your project. 

I'm in love with Fall or in some parts of the world Autumn.  I grew up calling it Autumn until I moved to the South where most everyone calls it Fall.  Just a tidbit of southern info. 

Have a Crafty Day!






Gratitude List
1.  my daughter, her husband and Little
2.  God's willingness and desire to forgive, forget, and love me in spite of my failings
3.  solid teaching in God's Word
4.  sweet, smiling Ali who lights up my life
5.  my children who God has richly blessed me

Comments

  1. Love this, Debby! I saw an idea on Pinterest for making a wreath using the canning lids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and creative idea! It really turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable~you know am gonna have to make one~super cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fun little table centerpiece. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the very best Fall projects I've seen! And you did it so well! The canning lids themselves are so appropriate to the harvest season, and then to turn them into a pumpking! Just too cool! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! HAve not seen this before!Cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is GORGEOUS!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been neglecting my google reader and have 953 blogs posts to look at and am scrolling through as fast as my eyes will let me and I just had to stop and say I LOVE this...so adorable and clever. You should feel honored that I stopped scrolling, because so far no one else has impressed me enough to stop! Always enjoy your blog...and know I am looking even if I'm not commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what better way to display one of my favorite colors, orange. and my fav. scent. Great Job, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!