Pt. 2 Of December Daily 2012 ... Graphic 45

This is part 2 of 4 of my December Daily.  It's very heavy with grand girls, but that's what I do so much.  As a mom it is a dream come true to be able to spend time with my grandchildren and show them the magic of Christmas.

I'll share little details of the book on the last post of the DD 2012.  For now enjoy...

I loved using my paper doilies to embellish the page.  I added a bit of Tim Holtz distress ink, vintage photo and just layered the doilies like lace.
I relaxed every evening to detail cut from Graphic 45's Nutcracker Sweet paper line.  I really did enjoy cutting out my own embellishment.
It was fun to ask the unwitting waitress to take mine and Jim's photo at the restaurant.  It is a fun keeper of a photo.   
Oh, I was so sick.  So a photo of what I did to get better and then reached back to November 30 for a Santa photo of Little and her sister.   I did use K & Co's Christmas die cut embellishments. (Santa and children) throughout the book.  They are a nice vintage style.
Still sick but wrapping presents.  Again, I reached back to November for another Santa photo shoot of my other grand girl Ali and her first time with Santa. 
This is Little's very first public performance.  She was in the Hanukkah play at her school as one of the Marching Maccabees.  I was the most proud Mimi as she marched and smiled and of course waved at Mimi.  At 21 months a star was born. I slipped the program behind the photo using the title on the program as the title of the page.  
My daughter was working with her new camera lens and was able to take a few shots of Mimi and 3 of her grand girls.  I love them all so much. I am privileged.
Not really a date, but the end of book one.  My pages ended up being too thick to get it all in one book.

The snowflake was fun to make.  The chipboard snowflake is from Bazzil.  I found Aleene's Glitter Snow medium.  I applied according to directions and I have this really cool dimensional snowflake with a light amount of glitter just to make it sparkle.  I found this in the Christmas aisle at AC Moores.

Everyday has a tag, each tag has some type of medium/ink/stamp on it and the jounaling on the tag was done on my vintage typewriter. 

I can hardly wait to do this again this year.  I actually used most all of my Graphic 45 Nutcracker Sweet paper collection and chipboard elements.  That is a first for me. 

Have a Artsy Crafty Day!



Comments

  1. I like your pages. Great photos and special memories. I'm motivated to complete my DD. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!