Altered 7 Gypsies Letter Box Tray with Graphic 45 Plus...

Several years ago I purchased a 7 Gypsies' Letter Box Tray.  I've always wanted to do something to alter it or put family photos in it to hang in my scrapbook room.  Somehow I could not find just the right project so I used it to put embellishments and such into it that was left over from a project.  Finally, ...

I found the perfect project!  For my little antique corner, in my scrapbook room, I wanted to put a photo of my Great-Great Grandparents Yates.  Talk about beautiful and handsome, they were both.  I never met my great-great grandfather but I had the privilege of having Mother's Day with Great-Great Grandma for many years.

I love this piece.

Let's Break It Down
7 Gypsies Letter Box Tray
Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe
Vintage Buttons
Crochet lace from my mother 
Tim Holtz Idea-ology, arrows, time piece, frame, keys, nib
Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Vintage Photo and Stained Walnut
Wendy Vecchi Art Parts
Petaloo Flower
Magic Mesh
X-ACTO Craft Knife
Fiskars Micro-Tip Scissors
American Craft pop dots
Ranger Glossy Accent
Glue Art Adhesive
Scotch Adhesive

The hardest part of the project was to cover the entire pieces, inside and out, with scrapbook paper.  The tray is not a 12 x 12.  I learned a lot on what not to do and to hide your mistakes.  LOL

They photo is my Great-Great Grandmother Iona California Cook Yates on her wedding day.  She is an extremely beautiful woman.  Several great-great-great grandchild take after her including my daughter. 

Here is my surprise piece.  In the third box I created a small album with photos of her during those Mother's Days visits.  The last photo is of my daughter, me, my mom, my grand-mother, and great-great grandma.  The little one my grandmother is holding is my cousin who really wanted to be in the photo.  I'm glad because it was a special moment.

Without my X-ACTO craft knife or my Fiskars Micro-Tip Scissors I would never had been able to do this project.  Tip for the first box:  I cut the larger glasses out with my scissors but the rim of the glasses between the two eyes is very thin and can tear easily.  I turned it over and placed a nice line of Glossy Accent and let dry.  This will give it a bit more stability

The picture is of my Great-Great-Grandfather James Bowdin Yates.  He was a very, very handsome man on his wedding day.

The time period of this collection is perfect for the photos of my great-great grandparents.  Great-Great Grandmother's dress is of the same fashion as this one.  How much better does it get!

This is one of my big projects I have been working on and I have several layouts ready to go.  I've been on a craft binge these past few weeks and I can't wait to share them with you.

Have a Craft Day!


Comments

  1. Wow, this is amazing-from the pictures to all the details!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning. Love your little hidden album with the mother day visits, that is such a gem and fun find in your tray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you personalized this...

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the mini album for that extra special wow factor. Looks fantastic. So you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful, Debby! So creative of you to add in the mini.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tray! Love the pop of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beyond gorgeous..love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This tray is so gorgeous! Your work is second to none!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome! You posted on my blog that you were "card challenged", I highly doubt that, you are uber talented!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. For some reason I have not been getting your blog updates! Love all the details!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!