A Young Man's Adventure in 1956 - Vintage Layout

My dad had so many adventures when he was young.  He came from a large tenant farmer family.  He left home at 15 and joined the United States Air Force when he as barely 18 (rumors were he was 17).  So his adventures began.  Dad loved photography so I have an abundance of documentation.  The best documented was his first oversea assignment in 1956--Okinawa.  

Graphic 45's Bird Song was the best paper collection for this particular layout.  My local scrapbook store only had three sheets left and two were the same sheet.  So this was a challenge.
Let's Break It Down
Graphic 45 Bird Song, Steampunk Debutante, and Old Curiosity Shoppe
Inspiration "Love Birds" by Tarr Orr
Blue Fern Studio gate
American Crafts flower ribbon, crochet ribbon
Jenni Bowlin Studio round letters
Webster's Pages pink letters
Hat Pin

Notables
I was able to solve the problem of having only 3 sheets of paper for this layout by mixing in several other Graphic 45 paper collections.  The colors are perfect together.
The 4th of July Peach Festival is a great place to shop, especially for handcrafted  items.  I found one shop selling hat pins that had a look and feel of a vintage hat pin.  The woman was surprised when I told her I was going to use them to scrapbook.  LOL
Dad's photography documenting the everyday life in Okinawa is outstanding.  The larger photo is of my Dad  at 20 years old.  This was just the beginning of my Dad's adventures.
How old are the oldest of your family photos? 

Have a Crafty Day


Comments

  1. very cool Debby. i love what you do with the old pics. awesome, love the G45.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my this is so cool debby!! awesome job

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool, I have very few photos of my parents when they were young.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect papers for his Okinawa photos...and what a treasure they are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the vintage page! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you documented this photo and the memories...so important! The papers are perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a beautiful job with this collection. Just got a pack of this paper so your LO is an inspiration point for me :) Loved what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is beyond amazing, love what you did with the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely page with great photos!
    I know that I have some photos of my grandma from when she was a little girl and she was born in 1917. So I would say it's around 90 years old!
    Wow! I never really gave it a thought til just now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't have that many older photos. I wish I did because my grandparents did a lot! This is such a great subject and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How amazing to have these photos! This is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely love this layout! The hat pin is perfect! I don't know the exact age of them, but I have tin types of my great, great-grandparents. I am thankful that I went through them while my grandfather was still alive and asked him to identify everyone in the oldest photos.

    P.S. It has been great having you back on the Fiskateer board!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!