Graphic 45 & Blue Fern Studios

In my dinning room hangs framed layouts created for each of my grandchildren and one for each of their parents.  This is my last layout I just finished for the Blue Fern Studios monthly challenge.

Blue Fern Studios chipboard is perfect with Graphic 45.  Both have a delicate quality and both can be cut and altered.

tab & dave
Let's Break It Down
Graphic 45 A Place In Time paper collection
Blue Fern Studio chipboard
Prima Flowers
American Craft Thickers, crochet ribbon
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo, flourish stamp
Ranger Paint Dabber, Picket Fence 
WorldWin Translucent Vellum

I used vellum as a circle accent.  One I layered with a tag.
Another set of circles I sewed around the edges.
One the third one I stamp a flourish.
It's been awhile since I used vellum and I would guess I'll be using more soon.

Carved Pumpkin
I told you I would post another of my carved pumpkins last Friday.  We have been fighting a stomach virus and I helped take care of my grandgirls and Monday morning I was at the hospital with my son who dehydrated from it.  So I've been a little busy.  BUT ... here it is.
Lessons from a Pumpkin
  1. Only create happy Jack-o'-lanterns.
  2. When you create a detailed pumpkin buy a large pumpkin.
  3. Watch your pattern closely and don't punch holes all the way around.
  4. Figure out a way to keep from having your design collapse in just two day.
  5. Do not stay up until 2 in the morning to carve a pumpkin.
I would like to try a detailed pumpkin next year, but I'm going to be learning more about how to successful to this.

Have a Crafty Day!


Comments

  1. Amazing ! Thanks for sharing.
    (And i hope everybogy get better by now).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page, Debby! Love how you used the honeycomb chip pieces. Great job on the pumpkin too. I'm too impatient to carve something as intricate as this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very beautiful. Love how you used the chipboard!!! and the pumpkin looks great~had a laugh about what you learned! that would be my luck~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout. I love the stitching on the vellum in the background. And that pumpkin is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this page. . .everything about it! It is just stunning! Thank you for explaining all the details! Guess I'd better find my vellum! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debby, just love your page! That can't be your son, can it? :) And be sure to check your e-mail. I have sent a couple of messages. :) Glad to have you joining in on the sketch fun at Blue Fern Studios again! Blessings,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!