Another Faux Layer

Back to faux layers.  Early I created a layout by sewing around paper that already had a "box" design to make it look like it was a layer.  This time I added the look of a layer with the lace.  I didn't sew it to the paper.  I used Aleene's tacky glue.  It dries moderately quickly and clear.  When it's dry it is very strong.  I always keep a few bottles around. 

The photo is of my next to the oldest granddaughter.  She is a classic beauty, has a heart of gold, and is very intelligent.  That's not just a grandma talking!  I do love her much.

Notables
  • Paper Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiments
  • Chipboard Blue Fern Studios, small glittered butterfly, small glittered leaves, and title
  • Flowers from Prima
  • Scalloped lace is actually a small doily I won at Crafty Goodies' blog by Connie Mercer.  You have to watch her.  She will publish her blog early in the morning and when you don't expect it she will announce that the first 3 or 4 or 5 (some number) to email her will receive one of her junkin' finds.  I just received a handful of the old milk bottle caps that I totally love.  
Have a Crafty Day!



Comments

  1. Love the lace as your border, looks great and thanks for the glue tip.!!! You nailed the title~so sweet!! Very beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful page, Debby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! The lace makes a wonderful frame and never would have though to use Tacky Glue to adhere it..thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's gorgeous and so is your page!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your framing with the lace and she is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!