Yard Art with Graphic 45

While outside working and building my flower garden I decided to do a little art.  My first attempt was to label my flowers in one of my flower beds.

Note:  The sun was really glaring the morning I took the photos. 
I went to the Goodwill shop and picked up several types of silverware.  On this project I used the spoons.

I started the base with Staz-on ink Timber Brown.  Giving it an outdoor earthy worn look.

I cut out some of my favorite images from Graphic 45's Botanical Tea and glued them on with Glossy Accents (Ranger) then covered it with more Glossy Accents to protect the images.  One mistake I made which could have been corrected at the time is that some of my images faded a bit in the sun.  I should have coated it with a sealant for crafts with UV protection.  Kryon makes a good one that should be available anywhere from a Walmart to a home improvement store. I plan on redoing these with the Krylon.

After everything dried I placed them in the ground and "tada" they are very cool.





These flowers were planted about mid-April and are now growing by leaps and bound. 

Do you have Yard Art?  I would love for you to share.  Leave a link in the comments where a picture or blog post shows it off.

Have a Crafty Day!



Comments

  1. Oh, my! I'm so stealing this idea. It's so cute. And I'm in need of updating my silverware, so I can use my old stuff - woohoo! Pinning this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lisa. Just remember to use the UV blocking spray to finish it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool idea!! I don't have a garden but I might do this with my potted plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome idea. I'll have to do that also.

      Delete
  4. I have yard art, but nothing that I've created. At a yard sale, I recently bought a 7 foot tall windmill and a metal scupture of roses. They look really cool, but don't have that special love that comes from a DIY project like yours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!