Monday, September 22, 2014

Vintage, Maybe?

I love working with vintage photos, especially the ones my dad had taken throughout his life.  Now that I've turned another year older I decided that some of my photos are vintage.  LOL

Rottenberg, Germany
These two photo were taken in the town of Rottenberg, Germany when I visited Germany in the Spring of 1990.  It was only months after the Berlin Wall came down.  My best childhood memories were of the years I grew up in Wisesbaden and Berlin.


I so lifted this layout from one of the design team members from the Bo Bunny team, Romy Veul.  They get credit for a ton of inspiration.  I don't use the sticker or 3D stickers much.  When I saw the original layout I just had to give it a try. 

Ingredients 
Bo Bunny Somewhere In Time paper collection and Noteworthy embellishments, buttons
Blue Fern Studio chipboard (diamonds)
Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink, idea-ology gears, gear alteration, paper tape, ribbon
Webster's Pages letters

Printed page behind photo:  this is a page from a dictionary, covered with paper tape from Tim Holtz then stamped on and inked.  I like it enough I would like to do a larger piece. 
Special Note:  If you know Germany well please tell me which spelling is correct for what I have as Rottenberg.  I have seen it spelled Rottenberg, Rottenburg, and another city nearby is Rothenberg.  I'm lost but I do know they have beautiful Christmas shops.  I do want to correct it here and on my layout.  Thanks.

You can see my blog banner is back, and hopefully, to stay this time.  Thanks for your patience.  I hope everyone will ...

Have a Crafty Day!



3 comments:

  1. Love the background and the tags as a small border. Looks amazing. Lucky you on Germay:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layering and details on here, Debby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa this is awesome, love all the details!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to D's Paper Studio. Thank you for your thoughts and questions. Feel free to leave your blog link. I love to be inspired.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...