Thursday, October 16, 2014

Turn Your Mistakes Into Masterpeices

I saw a beautiful sketch by Michelle Singh but instead of three layers of torn paper I wanted to do a stencil pattern at the top, leave the middle to the paper, and the bottom third another stencil.  Boy, did I overreach my abilities.

Ali
I first meant to use modeling paste but ended up using gesso and I don't even know why.  LOL  I guess I use so much of it it was just automatic.

I finally finished the top and bottom of the one page and rubbed in some Faber-Castell gelatos.   The color I wanted was not turning out like I thought and I was beginning to mess up the edges both on top and in the middle with ink.  What made me think I would like the lower and upper edges inked, I don't know.  Remember at this point it is still one piece of paper.  It was not getting better so I ended up tearing the top and bottom pieces off and reapplying it to another sheet of paper.  Still I wasn't liking it.

I decided to just keep going.  I added my paper strips ... all Bo Bunny ... layered my chipboard, flowers, buttons, cut out butterflies, and ribbon until I figure I could live with it.  I did love the words from Heidi Grace metallic words.

Next step was to walk away for a few days.  When I came back to take a peek I ended up liking what I had done.  I did overreach for my abilities but I gave it my best shot.  I think Ali will like it when she looks back on it years from now. 

Masterpiece?  Perhaps not...but a great lesson for me to try, try, and try again!

This is the sketch by Michele Singh for C'est Magnifique Kit.

Have a Crafty Day!


2 comments:

  1. I'm always inspired by your masterpieces!! I love your comment about Ali liking it someday. My DGD keeps asking, "Now this will be mine when I'm big, right?" Yep! They will see our Gramma/Mimi hearts long after we are with Jesus. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is gorgeous. Love catching up with your work today.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to D's Paper Studio. Thank you for your thoughts and questions. Feel free to leave your blog link. I love to be inspired.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...