Thursday, December 04, 2014

December Daily: It's All About The Story

I love the unique.  So with my December Daily album I wanted something unique for the days of the month. Since I am using Graphic 45's Twas Night Before Christmas paper collection I wanted a vintage look.

I decided to use vintage postcards, preferably those that had a message on them. 

So the hunt begins.  25 vintage cards --- just go junkin' as my friend Connie would say.  I found out it is no small task to find 25 Christmas postcards.  After four antique shops we (Ruth and I) found more than I needed of Christmas postcards.

All the postcards come from the early 1900s.  Postage was only 1 cent.  Handwritten notes.  All with their own story.

My Story with "Their" Story
 I used mini stamps to put the day on each card..
 
I didn't like to do it but I hole punched the edge to place in the album.  I tried to consider other ways but it always added bulk to the book.
 I'm using both "Christmas" theme cards and "religious" theme cards.
I will place a note on the last page about the postcard stories.
 I love this idea.  My best day numbers I've created!
 Family, friends, acquaintances all have a story.

Stories...the story...it's what it's all about.

Link to a couple of my favorite 12 Days of Home for the Holiday posts.  (The giveaway on the posts are closed.)
Maggie Holmes with a yummy popcorn recipe and Tabitha Safdi Photography with a few holiday photo tips.
Stephenie Hamen's Favorite Butternut Squash
Crystal Hobbs aka Pinky shares how to creatively package food goodies.
 

Have a Crafty Day!

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea!!

    (I sure do wish I could figure out why I am not getting your email updates. I am subscribed but they do not come through nor do they go in the spam folder).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, I adore old post cards and vintage look. Guess posting comments on Google+ doesn't get them on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very unique and beautiful!!! Love the adding of the ephemera!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to D's Paper Studio. Thank you for your thoughts and questions. Feel free to leave your blog link. I love to be inspired.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...