"I Believe" Bo Bunny's Faith Collection

The last scrapbook layout with Bo Bunny's Faith Collection was a bright "light" amidst my vintage style.  Here is another look at the Faith Collection with blues, pinks and yellows.  With a Prima Stencil and Ken Oliver's Color Burst it turns into a personal memory of my grandgirl.  This is a very versatile collection.

I Believe
This is my sweet Ali at Sunday School.  She demands we sing the "Sunday School" song while riding to church.   
Bo Bunny's Faith Collection
Tim Holtz: rub-ons (butterflies), Distress Ink vintage photo,
Ken Oliver Color Burst Lemon Yellow (on the flower under "I Believe")
Prima stencil, flower
Martha Stewart Gesso
Fiskars Micro-Scissors (all that detail cutting)
Hobby Lobby key

Notables
I am so tired of not being able to stencil without my paper buckling.  I love this stencil by Prima.  I thought "something without so much water in it....but  with the depth of paint."  With Gesso, that I know it has less water than paint, I carefully dabbed it on, in layers, to get a bright image.  I had little to no buckling on my scrapbook paper.  Tada! 

I am a beginner with Ken Oliver's Color Burst.  I did play with it using a resist technique  It is awesome although I need more practice.  I did add a little of the Lemon Yellow on one of the flowers from the Bo Bunny paper.  It is soooooo easy to use.
Question:  How do you stencil without your scrapbook paper buckling?

Heads up:  Amy Roszak owner of ScraPerfect is sponsoring an incredible giveaway here on D's Paper Studio soon.  I can't wait to share the details.  For me ScraPerfect products are the problem solvers of the crafting industry!


Create Memories / Pass Them On


 

Comments

  1. Love the page and how fun to sing going to church! There are bazzill cardstock papers that have been pre-prepared for mixed media. The word marshmellow comes to mind - not sure but i'm told they rock. When I use regular paper and I don't want plain white gesso or modeling paste for the stencil I mix in mists, watercolor or paint. If it does buckle I just back it onto other paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your page- using inks will not buckle paper- just saying. Love using stencils to create backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so pretty, Debby! Love all of the flowers and bits of stitching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a gorgeous page, Debby! I love everything about it! If I'm worried about a page buckling I just use Distress Ink with my stencil. I've never had buckling with the ink. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!