Julie Nutting's French Flea Market Collection

I found Julie Nutting's French Flea Market Collection by Photo Play while browsing at a local scrapbook store.  The only thing I have purchased is a stamp from Julie Nutting's product line.  I found the paper and design interesting but wondered if I had to stick to a French theme.  I love the colors and designs so I gave it my best.



Story
This is a photo of my brother and me from  Easter 1964.  I love remembering my early childhood with my brother.  It was a magical time for me because we lived in Germany, had fun German friends...more like adopted grandparents and I was there during historical times.


Julie Nutting's French Flea Market Collection
Tim Holtz Distress Vintage Photo Ink, Idea-Ology heirloom roses, Idea-Ology gumdrops, Idea-Ology Transparent Film Strip Ribbon
Ken Oliver's Color Burst Alizarin Crimson
Ranger Enamel Accents White
Prima Flower and resin square tiles
Petaloo Flowers (top)
Key, Hobby Lobby
Doily, Recollection
Clock Hands from an old broken clock
Dymo Label Maker and Making Memory tiny letters

Fun Elements
Color Burst.  I'm getting braver.  I just spritz water on my Ranger Mat, put just a tiny bit of Color Burst in the water and swirled it around with my paint brush.  It was so easy to create splatters.  This is a feat for me because it always comes out different than I want.  This was what I had hoped to achieve.

Adding Texture
I added texture with the Doily.  It is a burlap fabric.  The netting was left over from a project.  The flowers, resin pieces all add texture to the page.

Save It!
I often find bits and pieces either around my house or out and about.  I had a cheap clock that died.  I knew somewhere down the road I would want to create a project that included clock hands. This was the time.

Fussy Cut
Nothing like pulling out your scissors to cut out elements from your paper.  It is my opportunity to design some of the elements to my vision of the page.

Photo Play has a downloadable free file for Julie Nutting's French Flea Market (in both 5x7 and 8x10).  Here is the link: Julie Nutting's French Flea Market .  I could not view the file, but I downloaded and scanned before opening the file.  Make sure you always scan any downloadable files before opening. 

How do you use a THEMED paper differently than it's overall design?

 Create Memories / Pass Them On



Comments

  1. It is another beautiful page, Debby! Sounds like it would be a great collection to display my photos of France. I will have to look into it. I love what you did with it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page-love the doily behind the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful details on here, Debby and I love your use of texture!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!