The Perfect Storm with Bo Bunny's Juliet

My layout did not start this way, but my granddaughter's face inspired me and I had a lot of fun.  Ali's hair, Juliet's paper for a background and a lot of fun playing with inks and paints...I call this the perfect storm.


Break-It-Down
I'm going to try to hit the highlights.  It you have any questions feel free to leave a comment or email me at dspaperstudio@aol.com.

The photo was taken by her mother on a smart phone.  What a perfect moment to capture!

Juliet
While I was working on another layout idea I had accidentally adhered something to the background paper.  I panicked and reached for the cleaner.  I spritzed before I realized I had picked up was the wrong cleaner.  That is where the orange-ish color on the left side came from.  Cool effect.

Frame
...is from Technique Tuesday.  Covered in gesso and painted with Tim Holtz Distress Paint, tarnished brass.  I used my Glossy Accents with ScraPerfects No Clog Writing Cap to get the tiny lines I needed to add Martha Stewart's Mico-Beads.


forever mine heart
The chipboard is from Maya Road painted with gesso.  Ken Oliver's Color Burst created the colors.  Dried with a heat gun.

Tim Holtz Mixed Media Dies
I have the original set of dies but haven't used them.  I could not figure out how to use it on a layout.   I saw a layout by Aida Haron from CHA 2015 using the die.  I lifted and used a different die.  Everything else is original, but this was such a great idea I'm going to work to expand the possibilities.  Thanks Aida.

I used the trial piece I cut to create a stencil for the white "dots" then added Glitz rub-ons for the gold "dots."

Butterfly
...is from Blue Fern Studio.  Gessoed.  I applied multiple colors of Ken Oliver's Color Burst. Heat dried. 

Here is the TRICKY part.  I added Tim Holtz's Distress Crackle.  When you wet watercolor then it continues to react like watercolor.  In order to get my crackle applied I dabbed it in large amounts.  I let it set for a few minutes and then moved it to a different position on my mat.  I did this several times.  The crackled will flow off the chipboard when there is too much.  This keeps you from moving the watercolor around with a brush lessening the color effect you created.  Let dry.


Leftovers
The pattered piece to the left was left over from cutting out flowers.  It was a whim, but I like it.  Left over mulberry paper, left over strips of paper, leftover  rubons, left over mask from Technique Tuesday.

Can you tell I had fun?

If you enjoyed, would you share this post/layout through Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook or whatever is your choice social media?  Thanks.  Leave a comment if you did and I would love to check it out.

Create Memories / Pass Them On




Comments

  1. I certainly can, don't you love it when it all comes together and you love it!!! Beautiful, so you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning, Debby! That photo! The details! Love it all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Absolutely gorgeous. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - so pretty! Thanks for reaching out to me. I have been a subscriber for quite a few years ( I won a large box of goodies years ago). For some reason, I cannot get the emails. I try subscribing again and it says I am on the list. I check my spam every day. Is there any way you can delete my email from your list of subscribers and then I can try again? Thanks. My email is mjmarmo@comcast.net.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!