Mixed Media Layout...Me 'n Dad

I decided to create my own design using what I have attempted to learn about mixed media.  I have a long way to go.  It was fun to work out the design, make mistakes, spritz, stamp and ink! 

The week leading up to Father's Day was a wonderful time to go through my dad's albums to find a photo I wanted to use on the layout.  It was wonderful "visiting" with my memories and Dad.

Dad and Deb
Good Things To Know
Products
Finnabair Art Basics by Prima
Finnabair Patina Effect Paste
Claudine Hellmuth Studio medium
Bo Bunny's Life In Color
Prima Flowers
Tim Holtz  Distress Oxides, Distress Inks, Distress reinkers, tag stencils
Dylusions stencil and sprays
(and more!)

The scariest thing turned out to be the easiest---Patina Effect Paste.  I want to create more projects with these pastes.  It was so easy to use, it only takes a little and it was so easy to use.  Did I tell you it was easy to use?  You'll fall in love with it. 

I stamped directly onto the clock piece and cut it out to create "the man in time" piece.


The letters, numbers and "LOVE" were cut from Bo Bunny's paper, but the "8" (not as visible as I would like) is Tim Holtz Idea-ology Stencil Type with the Finnabair Patina Pastes.  LOVE!

I used the Distress Oxides and Distress Stain Vintage Photo spray for the bricks.


Stamping, washi tape, fussy cutting pieces along with a tag from my clothes.  I love saving unusual tags from clothing.  This one I tucked underneath the "hot air balloon" has a cool clip and a nice texture to the paper.


I love painting or adding a bit of mixed media to the flowers.  This ended up being one of the many mistakes I made.  I used a "wrong" chunky style fragments.  Since they were glued on I simply added paint to change the colors and it became workable.

It was a fun time playing with mixed medias.  I don't know if I can do this every time I create a layout, but I am going to keep learning, creating and enjoy the journey.

 Create Memories / Pass Them On


Comments

  1. I think you are mastering the mixed media quite well. So many wonderful layers and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you have as far to go as you think~ awesome work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Turned out really cool!!! Love the different textures and the colors you put together are perfect. That little flower cluster makes me swoon. Good thing about mixed media - you can cover it up and start again LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!