"So In Love" A Page For Great Maw Maw

One of the most beautiful photos my daughter has taken is of my husband's parents.  I tried my hand at mixed media on a layout. The happiest part of the layout is that no matter my trial and errors this photo of two amazing people shines through.

Their Golden Anniversary has come and gone many years ago.  They have worked hard side by side to farm the land, raise two wonderful children, experience sadness and great joy.  I have stories Mom as has shared with me.  Through her stories I have become more apart of their family's past.   I love her and Dad and respect the life they built together.  With my love ...

so in love
Notables
Graphic 45 Times Nouveau Classic Collection
Stamps Wendy Vecchi
Flowers Prima
Tim Holtz distress inks, stars, layered stencils,
Hobby Lobby Pocket Watch
Bo Bunny rub-on
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Sunflower and Key Lime Pie
Connie Mercer, Vintage milk bottle cap
My background was prepped with white gesso, it should have been clear gesso.

For the first time I used a Texture Paste Sand by Prima/Finnabair.  It drys clear and is a grainy  product.  I would want to use it on somewhat a bigger stencil than I did.  I used it on a small row of dots.
8#2UD means nothing.  It was a left over piece from Blue Fern Studio's chipboard that I used for another project.  I liked it, so I added it.  It stands out too much, but it is all about learning.
To make the Wendy Vecchi flowers I stamped, clear embossed and used my finger to rub in mustard seed and peeled paint distress ink.  Once I had it finished I just wiped the ink off the embossed part.

There was more.  If you are interested or have questions you can leave a comment or email me at dspaperstudio@aol.com.

I went to a crop this past weekend (where this was created) and had a blast with some old and new friends.  I don't do this enough.  I am excited about crafting with like minded people once again.  The internet is just no replacement.

Have fun and be crafty this week.  Thank for all the support as I have jumped back into my journey of scrapbooking/paper arts.

Create Memories / Pass Them On


Comments

  1. The photo is everything you said- so awesome! You have a talent for this type art, great choices made. Love the look!! Milk cap looks perfect on this page !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page and its pages likevthis that make me swoon as this is what scrapbooking is all about. Precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an amazing page, Debby! I love the sweet photo and your signature style. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are rocking the media!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so bad about posting. I look at all your posts-I love that you continue to scrap. Your layouts are gorgeous. Your talent just keeps growing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!