December Daily 2017 ... Part 1

One of my gifts and curses is that I can't work on another project unless I finish the one I am currently working one.  I am working to complete my December Daily 2017.  I am making a list of new projects to do and techniques to learn once I finish this project.

I created a mix of scrapbook layouts and digital collages for my December Daily books.  I have so many photos I could not leave them out so I created collages to satisfy that desire to include as many photos that I could.

I am not sharing everything but I want to highlight a few layouts and my famous "Story within a Story" that I do I every year in my DD books.  Today is my book cover and a few layouts.
The Story
I promised my granddaughter for her birthday she would have a "Mimi Day."  We didn't get to do it due to circumstances.  So December 1st we started out the holiday season with a day just for her and Mimi.

Notables
Bo Bunny's Carousel Christmas, chipboard ornaments,
Ranger Glossy Accents, Stickles

Simple Layout but the graphics on Bo Bunny's Carousel Christmas often makes the page with little effort.
The Story
This is the view as we walk back to the car after Nutcracker rehearsal.  I have walked this path for several years and love the view.  I wanted to include this memory in my DD.

Notables
Bo Bunny's Carousel Christmas
Ranger's Stickles
Jenni Bowlin chipboard
Tim Holtz chitchat
Prima Flowers
I love layers of paper and ephemera.
This was a fun challenge.  The chipboard is leaves from Jenni Bowlin.  What wonderful ornaments they make.  With some trial and error, I stickled the top and painted the edges.  I love the fun they add to the page.
This is my DD cover for 2017.  It is a Becky Higgins Project Life 8x8 albums. I used E6000 to adhere the snowflake and ribbon.  E6000 is a fantastic glue. 

Keep in mind the techniques are not just for Christmas but can be applied to any layout.
1.  Letting the beautiful graphics stand out.
2.  Layer both paper and ephemera.
3.  Viewing an element in a different light.

Enjoy the journey.

Inspired To Created/Encouraged To Try



Comments

  1. Beautiful pages and memories. Love that big snowflake and that carousel horse with that pretty grand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous!!! I'm like that too! Finish and then start a new project :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!