December Daily Keeps Rollin' On, Part 3

I believe my theme with these layouts is layering.  Many innovated and heartwarming themes.  Intrigued?  Let look.

Merry and Bright

Noteables 
Bo Bunny Christmas Carousel collection
Tim Holtz lamp post die, "Merry" "Bright, chitchat words, reindeer
Prima flower

Mention of a funny.  I found the metal tray in the photo at a thrift shop.  It caught my attention as unusual and familiar.  Later I was going through my saved Facebook posts and found a post from months ago where a crafter made a clock from this same try.  Familiar.  LOL
The ampersand is from an old pack of Making Memories letters.  But look at all those layers on an 8 x 8 page.  "It ain't easy."  LOL, I am using a lot of paper that was left after cutting my 12 x 12 to an 8 x 8.
Reindeers continue to pop up everywhere.  I added glitter to the flower and paint/Stickles to the holly leaves.
I used Core'dinations for the lamp post and sanded around the edges.

The trick with thin dies and glitter cardstock.  Place your die down on the back of the glittered cardstock.  Run it 2 times through (at least I have to).  You should be able to just pop it out.  I have done this with detailed dies as well as simple dies.  Often thin dies will not cut through the glitter side.  But works great on the back of the cardstock.

Wonder
There is no telling who you will meet backstage at The Nutcracker.  Three of my grands danced in this year's Columbia City Ballet's The Nutcracker.

Story 1
Raelyn saw Santa and ask me if she could talk to him.  She told me there was something she forgot to ask him (when meeting Santa at an earlier date).  He listened and then advised her "When you have Santa's ear you should ask for more than one present."  She said, "nope, that's it."  LOL
Story 2
Regina Willoughby, principal dancer for CCB and Rae's dance teacher backstage.  Rae surprisingly was assigned Lead Cherub.  She was nervous   Everyone believed in her and she leads the little Cherubs in their Nutcracker dance.  This is Ms. Regina hugging Raelyn and congratulating her on a job well done.

Noteables
Bo Bunny Christmas Carousel collection
Tim Holz words die, snowflake dies, Christmas typed tokens, chitchat words, Vintage Photo Distress Ink
I layered some fussy cut pieces from the Bo Bunny's collection with a snowflake tuck underneath.  The word "wonder" is from an old K & chipboard word.  I sanded it down and painted it olive-ish. 
The little area with fun words to remember the night.

The splatters are from Broken China Distress Oxide.  I tapped a little on my craft mat, spritzed a little water, loaded the paint brush and splattered.  Fun.

List the techniques that can be used any time of the year you see in these layouts.
Layering
Sanding older items and changing the color
Create a new look with glitter and paint.
Sanding papers to age the element.
Use your inks to create a medium for that splatter look.
Never too many words.
Ink the edges of you paper to give it a finished look.
Use tin dies to cut through glitter paper.

Thanks for being here!

Inspired To Created/Encouraged To Try




Comments

  1. What a pretty page. And the 2 stories are awesome. Love that lamp post and lil deer. Too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!! Love all of the extra embellsihments. You do such beautiful work~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both your photos and your layout designs are just spectacular, and you have a way of embellishing your pages to still allow the photos to take center stage. Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!