Down the Stretch Let's Use a Sketch, December Daily part 9

I decided to use a couple of sketches for the next two layouts as I approach the finish of my December Daily albums.  When I choose a sketch I turn the sketch around, flip it, think inside out, and just how I would like to add my own flair.

Layout from Sketch 1
From this sketch by Paper Issues (Paper Issues Blog)


Notables
Bo Bunny Christmas Carousal paper collection, chipboard ornament
Tim Holtz Remnant Rubs, Distress embossing powder, chitchats holidays, Tiny Attacher, Vintage Photo Distress Ink

Prima rhinestones, Chatterbox letters
Bo Bunny's Chipboard ornament embossed with Tim's Distress embossing powder and Ranger's Tinsel embossing powder.  The flower fell off later and I liked it better...so I left it off.

My December Daily mascot...the deer makes a perfect appearance on this layout with a bit of bling added.

I fussy cut the banner and star from the Bo Bunny collection. 

I am not great at handwriting so I added Tim's Remnant Rubs words of encouragement for my grands.

It was an easy page to put together with Paper Issues sketch.  It was a "get 'er done" kinda day.

Layout from Sketch 2

Do you know how many photos it can take to get those "ah" type shots?  Too many.  LOL

I found this sketch on Google search but was unable to find where it came from (please, always add your info to a sketch...crafters might want to find more of what you are creating.)

My pages are 8 x 8 so this sketch did not fit my page BUT like all sketches...be inspired and make it your own creation.

Notables
Bo Bunny Christmas Carousal paper collection
Lil' Davis metal flowers
Webster's Page letters
Tim Holtz Metal Word Band, Vintage Photo Distress Ink, chitchat words
Buttons (Hobby Lobby), twine (Michael's)

Another simple page and just added my own style.

Everyday Techniques 
  • Use sketches.  Using your computer or print it out turn the sketch around, flip it and see how you want to show your style using a sketch.
  • Don't be afraid to add to or take away from a sketch...they are not sacred.  Sketches are meant to spark creativity.
  • Add older products with the latest products...it works.  The flower is two Lil' Davis metal flowers put together and is the perfect blue to use with Bo Bunny's collection.  The flowers are about 8 or so years old and Bo Bunny came out this past winter season.
  • If you are creating a series of layouts or a themed book pick a recurring item that ties the project together...my reindeer!  I have three DD books and it can be exciting to find a "theme" within your overall theme.  My grands have fun with this type of element.
Update:  Only two more layouts to share.  I will sum it all up on Monday next and announce the giveaway.  All comments on the December Daily 2017 blog posts will be considered in the giveaway. 

Have fun today!



Inspired To Created/Encouraged To Try
 

Comments

  1. oooo pretty pages!! Love the colors - that book is such a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rubons. Looks really neat and adds a vintage element to the page. Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed with how much design and texture you are able to add to an 8x7 layout! The grid design is a great one for allowing multiple photos on a page and one that I need to remember.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!