One Young Man’s Journey, A Layout Using 49 Market

Missing Dad these days. I’ve been working on a project with my mother’s side of the family and while going through the old photos I find Dad over and over again.  Some of my favorite photos are that of dad before he knew me.  I decided to try and scrapbook these photos more.

On this layout, I wanted to use the photo of Dad on the bus but I wanted him to be center without other bus riders.  I used my design and embellishments to make that happen.

Go Explore The World

Notables
49 Market's Tattered Garden
Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Stamp Theories, Tiny Attacher, Metal tag "Electrical", Diecut Adventure Words, Die-Cut Globe, metal stars
Stencils, Paint splatters, odd number laying around

I used my die cut words "The" "World" to cover the person who was closer and had a better photo.  Dad sure looked happy.

It was fun Tim has the Idea-ology tag "Electrical."  At one point my dad worked on electrical equipment and lines while in the USAF.

The stamp help cover part of the man next to Dad without distracting from the photo as much.  It leaves my dad in the focal point.

Tim Holtz's Globe die-cut and Adventure block die cuts are wonderful.

The background is stenciled and the entire layout splattered with white acrylic paint. 

Tired doesn't describe me so well right now.  My husband and I with the help of the family have been building a deck.  We are about to put up the roof.  Normally, it would be hard.  90-100 degree heat and humidity through the roof (LOL) has taken its toll on me.  So I am going to be slow to post BUT I have some exciting finds I can's wait to share... Soon.

Inspired To Created/Encouraged To Try
 

Comments

  1. Looks great~love these old photos of yours. You are lucky to have them my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!