Remembering A Friendship: A Scrapbook Layout

It has taken me a while to post this.  Even now it is hard, but I want to share with you the frailty of time.

During a reunion on this past 4th of July holidays, I found out a dear friend had passed away in December.  I was taken aback.  She was younger than me.  But mostly I began to feel a great deal of regret.  Here is our story.

I knew Chantay when we were both freshly married and had our little girls.  We hooked up at church.  She was married to my husband's cousin.  We began as friends and ended up sisters.  We did a lot of church ministry together for the kids.  We did a puppet ministry in the church as well as taking it on the road to share the gospel.   We also planned, started, and ran a bus ministry for the kids in our greater community.  We took our girls to the General Assembly in Tennessee and visited a lot of well know sites. 

We laughed together and cried together.  We were truly friends.

Regrets
Life got busy.  We both had more children which took time from each other.  New people came into both our lives.  Our time became shorter.  My family eventually moved out of state.  Then distance became my excuse.

Chantay took a very different direction in her life that I wasn't apart of.  We had lost touch by that time.

Fast forward over 30 years.  On a visit home I heard she had breast cancer.  Our visits home are always so short so I told myself I would try to catch up with her next time around.  I never did.

I loved the Chantay I knew when I was 20.  I miss her.

Chantay (Lewis) Hawkins

One of our trips to TN and meeting the head of the church we belonged to at the time.  The little one is her oldest daughter.

Ingredients
Blue Fern Studies: print paper
Tim Holtz: die cut...swirls; idea-ology clock, clock hand, gumdrop, hearts, idea-ology roses
Prima: flowers, rhinestones, buttons
Large Butterfly: Ken Oliver Studio Ephemera


The clocks are to remind me of our time together but also remind me how precious time is and to take full advantage of the short time we have. 

I love remembering Chantay and our fun antics we had then.  Although life is a journey we must see today and all its possibility.  No one is promised tomorrow. 

More clocks and a heart full of love.  

Please click on the photo of the full scrapbook layout.  Read the journaling.  Chantay and I both changed through the years...but at that time and moment in our lives, I had a great and loving friend to me and our family.  I will always remember that Chantay.  I love you sweet girl.   Rest in peace.


Inspired To Created/Encouraged To Try
 

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:29 AM

    What a beautiful tribute to Chantay. Such a great reminder to make the time. I’m so grateful she knew Jesus and is in Hos loving arms. What a gift your friendship was. Praying for you dear one. Gorgeous layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful remembrance and also a reminder to take that time. Hugs and prayers for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful layout. A good reminder since I know we all have friends like this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!