Art As Therapy, Part 1

 I was asked to tell my story in a ladies' Sunday School class.

Telling one's story means reflecting on the good and not so good.

The best way for me to work through the past was to create ART. I didn't want to create a book so I decided to create tags highlighting events with my experiences. It was harder than I expected. The second hardest thing is to share it here. I won't share details and hopefully, you can extrapolate a few details. Mostly, I want to share the art and what it means to me to be able to be part of a larger community of crafters and artists. This is part 1 of 5 tags and posts. 

Tim Holtz products include Caged Bird die-cut, tag, chit chat, label alphabet, chain, small metal piece (it's older and I can't find the name), and Distress Inks. Prima products include flowers, clock tile, and pearl.

The photo is me!  

Facing the past is rarely fun but it can help to separate truth from far away memories of a little girl. It allows you to face feelings, good or hard. It also makes you find gems in your life.

I have started back relearning and learning anew many of the Tim Holtz ink, sprays, crayons, etc. I find the chemical makeup and reactions interestingly fun. I hope to share my Art Journal pages when it's complete. Note: the tags were made over a year ago.  

Thanks for taking the time to see my art. I hope to see you for the next tag.  

Inspired To Created/Encouraged To Try



Comments