Art As Therapy, Part 3 "Uniquely Normal"

I have come to the conclusion that no one lives a normal life.  Matter-of-fact, I don't believe there is a "normal" measurement.  We are unique and our daily lives reflect that uniqueness.  

Here I am as a young adult and married.  Making choices are part of everyday living.  Some choices are simple, "What's for breakfast?"  Some are harder and often tainted with our earlier experiences.  There was a life that was my reality and then one pretend.  This tag reflects that struggle.

As a Christian, I am familiar with the story of Mary and Martha.  Martha being the busy one focusing on the busyness of having company.  "Martha becomes preoccupied with worrying about the preparations of their home, she misses the opportunity to listen and learn from the direct wisdom of Jesus."  The story is found in the Bible Luke 10:38-42. 

During this time of my life, I fought between being Mary, wanting to be the best in learning, and doing what my faith teaches.  At times I was Martha busy trying to be the wife and mom I was, what I thought, expected to be.  This is what I call my "pretend" and "reality" time in my life.  Mary and Martha.  

Finding my unique normal was a tough one.  I continue to push through to understand and live a uniquely normal life. 

Tim Holz tag, token, distress inks, grunge paper, and die-cut, chit chat.  

Flower-Prima

Microbeads by Martha Stewert. 

Photo is of me in 1990 as a missionary in Giessen, Germany. 

Thank you for stopping by.  Please, leave a quick note in the comments.  I would love your feedback. 

Inspired To Created, Encouraged To Try



Comments

  1. Great way to display the photo~ so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:26 PM

    Love this. Yes, Mary and Martha. Sometimes we are here, sometimes there and that’s okay as long as we learn and grow! Love your tag. Such a beautiful representation of your words!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!