"Time" For School with Graphic 45

Sometimes it begins with something my husband brings home.  This time was a broken wall clock.  I fuss but sometimes my creative wheels turn,  "Hey, I can do something with that!" I know that has happened to you! The wall clock has been around for more than 3 years.  It popped up again and I just had to do something fun. 

One of my favorite paper collections is Graphic 45's ABC Primer.  


I removed the glass and began to add all the elements that make up a school day.  
-Graphic 45 ABC Primer
-Tim Holtz idea-ology: clock, keys, Distress Ink Vintage Photo
-Fiskar's Banner Punch

I've missed fussy cutting. This was a perfect project to get back into it.  

I started at the base and kept building until I created what I wanted.  One notable: The metal Tim Holtz clock face is a brass color.  I used fine sandpaper and lighten up the numbers and hands before adding a little white paint..a touch with just my finger..no brush. 

We are hanging the "School Clock" on a display board that sits on her desk at "school."  The start of this year will be Distance Learning.  It will be a blast!

With the glass off:

With the glass attached:

It is fun to get back into inks, paints, art journaling, altered art, tag art, etc.  During these trying times, it is a wonderful outlet for joy, sorrow, and just a bust of creative energy.  

What is your favorite medium to play with when you want to express yourself?  It's great to hear from you in the comments.  I love to know how you've been crafting.


Inspired To Created, Encouraged To Try




Comments

  1. That's really fabulous, Debby! I love it! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!