The Crazyness They Call "Art Journaling!"

There are so many ways to create an Art Journal.  Many styles, media, and papers.  I am working my way back to art through scrapbooking and now art journaling so I am looking at it all.  There is so much inspiration out there.  YouTube videos are full of classes and tutorials.  

My inspiration for getting back to working with different media is Cheryl Waters from Artsy Findings.  Along with beautiful inspiration, she has an E-Magazine and classes on her website/blog.  (Unashaming and unsolicited plug for Cheryl's work.) 

Enough "talking." Here are a few of the early attempts to art journal.

"Times Like These" certainly fits the times.  The transparent circle is from Little Yellow Bicycle.  When I journal I will put what I'm feeling or experiencing into the art.

Tim Holtz Distress Crayons.  If you have not tried them go to the link and check out the whole video. You will want to try these incredible inks.  Tim Holtz  Demo  Getting all the colors on and not make "mud," for me, is a challenge.

My Art Journaling is being created in a mixed media book that is spiral bound.  I've seen several books that the binding clips can be removed and later put back.  Do you have a favorite Art Journal?

The picture of the girl was cut from old postcards I found at an antique store.  The white distress is natural.  

Bird Cage stamped on pattern paper and cut out.

So true!


Tim Holt Distress Spray Stain, antique linen, and Chit Chat words.  Splatters from delusions ink spray.  A few stencils.  "today" by Ali Edwards.  Graphic 45 button behind the cage. The girl is another postcard naturally distressed. 

Art Journaling is satisfying.  I have a long way to go to learn what is too much and not enough. Of all things to learn about, surprisingly, is chemistry.  My Art Journal is growing. I hope to find my unique style. 

Do you Art Journal?  What do you like to craft?  Feel free to share your answers in the comments.

Everyone stay safe.  Remember "life's nothing without love."

Inspired To Created/Encouraged To Try



Comments

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!