"Today" Art Journaling

"Today"...yesterday is over, tomorrow's not promised so my focus is today.  At times I fret about the future to the point of forgetting about today.  Today I can brighten someone's day. Today I can encourage a friend. Today I can say thank you to a stranger. Today is the only moment I have.

That is my Art Journaling project: "Today." 

I played with Distress Crayons on this project.  I started at the top, changing colors as I moved downwards, overlapping colors as I went.  I used a baby wipe to smooth out colors by starting on one side and gently wipe to the other side.  I love that sweeping effect!

I lightly splattered water on the page, laying a paper towel over it, and patted. Then I gently splattered  White Picket Fence Distress Paint onto the page.  I used the Americana Pixelated stencil for the black dots. 

Now if the timing is everything then Connie Mercer, Crafty Goodies, had just posted a link on Facebook to Blue Knight Rubber Stamps YouTube video on how to create moons and suns.  It was easy and fantastic.  The timing was perfect.  In the video, they used pan pastels, I used Distress Crayons.  I highly recommend watching the video.  It has more than what I did that is so creative.  Instead of the pan pastels, I added the Distress Crayons then used a baby wipe to smooth it out, adding a bit of White Picket Fence Distress Paint around the sun.

Flower:  Wendy Vecchi stamp

"today": Ali Edwards

Word blocks: Tim Holtz

Note:  center of the page got wet and smeared a little due to me laying it on top of a "closed" package of baby wipes that had just a bit of a wipe sticking out.  

The joy one feels making today special for others makes it special for you.  Make someone else's life special "today" and it will make your "today" incredible.  

Inspired To Created/Encouraged To Try




Comments

  1. Love the look of the Distress Crayons too. If you go to the BKRS You tube channel Lynn has lots of tutorials on fun techniques. So glad you are crafting again!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Connie. It's great not to be as busy. I will check out the tube channel. I loved this one and want to try more of it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!