Giraffe and Ali, A Mirror Image

I discovered a photo tucked away in my computer.  It is a photo of Ali with a picture of three giraffes.    I told Ali she inspired me to try a scrapbook layout of the photo.  Ali gave me the biggest hug.  

I had just purchased Tim Holz Thinlets-Gertrude.  Gertrude is a colorized, layering die cut set.  When I saw the "Ali photo" I was inspired to try and recreate the scene using Gertrude.  
The first thing was to cut and assemble Gertrude three times.  The back of the dies has a color/number.  Brown 1, Brown 2, Brown 3, Yellow, etc.  Once you learn how to layer it then it's easy to change up the colors.   This was the first time putting Gertrude together so I made mistakes.  But that's cool, I learn from mistakes and sometimes create something new.
Next, to create the sky.  I am not a sketch artist.  So I created a background with Tim Holtz Distress Oxides:  mermaid lagoon, cracked pistachio, and speckled egg.

I layered the background with black and gold cardstock.  I created the stripes on the gold cardstock using Wendy Vecchi's stencil "Dots and Stripes Borders" and brown archival ink. 
I included the title and words of encouragement via Tim Holtz's Small Talk.  Last but the best I added a photo of my Ali.
Inspired by this photo and smiling face to create this...
It was not perfect but it was good in an artistic I kind of way.  Importantly, she LOVED it.  

Tim Holtz's Products
Thinlits Die Set Giraffe Gertrude Colorize
Oxides: mermaid lagoon, cracked pistachio, speckled egg
picket fence
Core'dination cardstock
idea-ology tiles
Small Talk
Washi tape
metal heart

Other
Wendy Vecchi's Dots and Stripes Borders
Ranger Archival Ink
Bo Bunny Safari-Spots

I discovered a photo tucked away in my computer. Some days you just have to have a laughing good time! I love art. Giraffe and Ali, A Mirror Image

What artistic fun thing makes you laugh? Leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!

Inspired To Created/Encouraged To Try



Comments

  1. What a fun layout! Love the subjects and fun colors! Made me smile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was finished I loved that it made me smile. Thanks Cheryl!

      Delete
  2. I love your creative spirit!! So you bravo!!! Love what you created!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!