Scrapbook Layout: To Those Before Us

Thinking this morning about who we are.  If I lost my photos and written stories would I still be who I am?  I know that sounds ridiculous.   Who I am is all who came before me.  Remembering them, for me, is a reminder of who I am. From my family, I inherited my creativity, stubbornness, obsessive behavior, my love for things that they loved before me.  This is one of the reasons I scrapbook my family stories.  

On November 27, 2021, my husband lost his father, K.B. Lewis.  In all our sadness great stories were told about this son, father, husband, grandfather, great-grandfather, and great-great-grandfather.  He was blessed to live 97 years.  I met Dad Lewis about 45 years ago when I began dating his son.  He was a quiet man with a quiet sense of humor that produced a smile I will always remember.  

Dad was a farmer.  He worked hard with the crops and the cattle.  My husband grew up with that work ethic and love for gardening. Graphic 45 came out with a paper collection called Farmhouse in 2020.  I remembered this line when I begin to look to see how I could honor my father-in-law.  This is the first page of that remembrance.  

My daughter took the photos some years back and we are blessed to have them.  Take a moment and read the beautiful blessing by Robin Fogle.  Putting this type of journaling on my pages is different for me but I believe it is so true of Dad.  I hope to continue sharing more about this amazing man.  I am thankful for #graphic45 for honoring the farmer with the Farmhouse collection.  

Supplies

All paper and elements are Farmhouse by Graphic 45 with the exception of the clock (I believe this is from an old paper by Tim Holtz.)

How do you preserve your family memories?  Leave a comment and don't forget the chocolate!

Inspired To Create/Encouraged To Try

Debby for D's Paper Studio


Comments

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!