Mom's Day Is Right Around the Corner! Glue Dots® Adhesives

There are so many holidays upon us.  For me it's just another excuse to take photos!  Still looking for some Easter crafts?  Check out my post on Easter Crafts Here and Here.

I have many of the gifts my children made me for Mother's Day.  I've always loved handcrafted gifts and of course it is even more special when it's your little children.  Well, for my kids who read my blog here is Mom's List this year.
     new living room carpet
     new couch and chairs
     new kitchen cabinets
and if that is too much how about
     one lawn mowing
     three kisses from the grandchildren
     dinner at our house and YOU clean the kitchen
so if all else fails
     gas card
     airline ticket to Chicago for CHA

LOL  Better to spell it out than to get the little fountain with the forest critters all around the squirting water. 

Here is a simple but elegant present to make for the mom in your life.

Candleholder

Glue Dots® Adhesives Used in this Project
     ~Mini
     ~Glue Lines

Elegant. Although I was making this for Mother’s Day I thought this would be great for weddings, receptions, formal occasions, and more.

I have a 4”x 4” frosted candle base so I will cut my vellum to fit my base.

You need two 4-inch wide strips of cloudy vellum. Do not cut the top; rather use your tear ruler to get a small but distinct look for the top of the vellum candleholder.  Also, use your border punches.

Once you have your 4 x 12 strips of vellum carefully score at 4” and at 8 “ on each strip.

Using your Cuttlebug or other embossing tool and your favorite embossing folder proceed to emboss both strips. Each time you run the embossing folder through your embossing tool ink the embossing folder on the raised side. This embeds the ink into the vellum. Start in the middle and then line it back up and do the top and bottom. Do this for both strips.

Be careful manipulating the vellum at this point. Embossing in essence stretches the paper to make a raised impression. Vellum doesn’t stretch like paper. It can make your vellum brittle. (It’s what makes your piece so elegant). With care you should not have any problems.

Lightly add a touch of Tim Holtz Distress Ink to the top edge. Once it dries it is permanent.

Set one strip aside. With the other strip we only need the middle panel to finish out the 4 x 4 screen. Cut the middle panel leaving about ¼” on either side. This will serve as a flap to add it to the other strip.

Redefine the score marks and add your Glue Dots® Adhesives Glue Lines to the flaps of the back panel. Adhere the back panel to the 12-inch strip.

Add Glue Dots® Adhesives Mini to each corner of the plate to secure the screen in place.




Decorate to your own imagination. I used Making Memories circle flowers I’ve had for awhile. I put three circles together and attached them with a brad. I spritzed them with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Marshmallow. I crumbled them up and dried the flowers with my heat gun. I added the flowers to the screen with Glue Dots® Adhesives Minis.
This is going to be one of my favorite projects for Glue Dots® Adhesives.

Warning: never leave a candle unattended. If you do use this for a large occasion consider using electrical tea lights.

I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots® design team.

Have fun and don't forget to leave your wish list clearly visible to those who need to know!

Have a crafty weekend.

Gratitude List
1.  great kids
2.  peace and assurance
3.  energy to play with Raelyn
4.  special time with my daughter
5.  God's blessings for my family

Comments

  1. What a great MD gift~you come up with the best stuff!! turned out beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your MD gift, and good luck on your list~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a beautiful project! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!awesome idea using the distress ink on the folder! Such a cool look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debby, this project is absolutely beautiful. I love it!!

    Oh, your wish list is too cute! Let me know how that works out, wink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok no idea how I missed seeing that list!! Fun idea! Let us know. What you get:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. TracyM #67738:42 PM

    Lovely project - thank you for the tutorial Debby :)

    Good luck for your list!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!