Valentines Card, "I Cheated!"

As I mentioned in my last post I had been off the grid.  I've been taking care of my granddaughter for the last 5 days in order that Mom and Dad could go on a trip.  I had the blast of my life!  Of course Grandma had to work at LH's skills as a crafter.  At 11 months she was able to color all by herself.  By 2 I'll have her cutting paper!  LOL

Some of you have asked where you can get the card kit that contains the Vintage Girl I've been using.  After a somewhat long search I found three sellers on Ebay that have great ratings selling K & Company KP VALENTINE I LOVE YOU card making kit.  Here are the links.  Please note I've never used these sellers.  I'm just posting the links I found.




Okay, I Cheated!
I used all old stash making this card.  The paper for the card, the flower,and both ribbons are from Quick Quotes.  The cheating part is that this is from an old class I took at a Creating Keepsakes Convention.  The scalloped layers, the flower, the brad on the flower, the ribbon stem and border ribbon were on the page exactly as you see it.  All I did was go in and cut out the card "as is."  So I did use an old unfinished project.

My center piece is the Vintage Girl from K&Co. and the XOXO from Glitz Designs.  I added  twine for a bit of texture.  

This was a quick card and I sort of felt proud of myself for using my old project.  This Valentine's Day Card is for my third granddaughter, Little Honey.  This is her first Valentine's Day and I'm hoping it will go into her baby book.

Don't Forget...
the challenge and Fiskars/Jenni Bowlin Scalloped Banner squeeze punch giveaway.  Click HERE for the blog post. 

Have a Crafty Day!






Gratitude List
1.  a great and blessed 5 days
2.  looking ahead to a great weekend
3.  improved health for my Jay
4.  a friend that pulls no punches

5.  God's guiding hand on my life


Pin It

Comments

  1. Love the pic of LH~you are teaching her right!!! I think this card is my fave ~love the colors but really all 3 turned out adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great card! that little girl is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd call this recycling at its finest, Debby! :) It feels good to put stuff from the stash to good use (especially on such a pretty card). The pic of your granddaughter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I think I like this one the best. So nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhh she looks ADORABLE coloring! I love love love your card too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet valentines card.
    Your grand daughter is adorable. That's right start them creating when they are young :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!