Memory Art From Paper Crafting Supplies

Do you capture a memory in altered art?  What do you do with all those tiny ballet shoes once they outgrow them?

Earlier I created Memory Art for Little with her first ballet shoes.  I finally completed my projects by altering Little's Sister and Ali's first ballet shoes.

All you need are the ballet shoes, a fantastic glue and anything you have in your scrapbook or art studio.  You can see Little's shoes at my blog post: What Do You Do With The Ballet Shoes?

Little's Shoes
Remove the inner sole of the shoe for a pattern to cut to your paper.
 
 I love to fussy cut Graphic 45 paper.
 The butterfly is from Blue Fern Studios.  I added a little banner "Learn to fly."

Ali's Shoes
Prima flowers and bird's nests are so much fun on Ali's shoes.  Instead of the elastic on the top of the shoes I added a pink ribbon.
The little flowers are from Recollection. Look close to the pink crochet lace underneath the white.
 
 
The long, looped part of the ribbon is separate from the bow.  I hot glue the long strip to the heel.  I created the bows and added them to the ribbon already attached.

Little's Sister's Shoes and Story
I had picked up a couple of flamingo feathers several years ago and saved them.  Recently, I was able to find two more.  For those in the know...these are not flamingo feathers from any USA flamingos, that is illegal.  Neither did I pluck any feathers.  As the second set age they will get that more delicate look of the first set.
I choose to leave the elastic band in her shoes.  LS loves fairies so this is perfect from Graphic 45's Once Upon A Spring. 
 I added seed pearls in the flowers.  It looks great with the pearl lace.
A perfect pair of memory shoes for a perfect little dancer.


Do you have a performer:  dancer, athlete, singer, actor, etc.?  What have made into Memory Art?

VERY SPECIAL NOTE
My first giveaway since coming back to the blogging world is Thursday.  I have a great project and a wonderful sponsor that will be giving away three products to three winners.  I will see you Thursday!! 


Create Memories / Pass Them On


Comments

  1. OMgosh! they are beautiful and adorable. Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Lynn. They were so much fun to make.

      Delete
  2. I love memory art and these are so special. My mother-in-law made pillows, aprons and throws out of Papa's shirt when he passed. She also made purses from my dad's ties when he passed. Beautiful projects Debby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly stunning-what priceless treasures you have created. Sigh-just wold not be the same with football cleats. Love ya girl-but must admit more than a wee bit jealous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!