My Beach Babes...And An Unfinshed "House!"

I have the ongoing project called My Blog.  I have the "bones" in place.  Some ideas are in process and some just are not finished.  So this is my apology for my "unfinished house being cluttered."  I hope this week I am able to complete the overhaul of D's Paper Studio.  It has been a journey learning about coding, hosting photos for third party links and exploring how I want my blog to I reflect me.  As the old saying goes "It ain't easy."  While I'm recreating my blog I'm going to keep exploring and creating my art.  Thanks for hanging out with me in my "house."

Story
You might know Page Maps by Becky Fleck.  I won her book of Page Maps/cards at a Creating Keepsakes convention some time ago.  I pulled a few out with the thought I would add my style to her Page Maps.  It has been a fun adventure.

Beach Babe
Two of my grands having a wonderful time at the beach. 


This is my take on Becky's Page Map
Check out Becky and her maps at PageMaps.

Notables
The paper collection is from Graphic 45 By The Sea.

Graphic 45 paper collections cry out to be cut out, cut around and imagined into something new.  I think they design it that way on purpose!  The two children are fussy cut, added to the shell background with a wavy button. The saying from G45's paper "Wind in your hair" is perfect for the photo.

Here is where I put my new found love of mixed media to work.

I used Liquitex Basics modeling paste with Dylusions' stencil to create a "sea wall" for Graphic 45's mermaid.

I inked, sprayed and just had fun.  I added Finnabair / Prima's Patina Effect Paste, Mint Green and Martha Stewart's brown micro-beads to accent the wall.  I used cheese cloth from Hobby Lobby as a background for the mermaid.  I added the mermaid sign and one of their buttons to complete the look.  I wasn't sure how this would turn out but I ended up loving it.     
The title is Blue Fern Studios chipboard painted with Ranger's Gold paint dabber, dried, inked with Ranger's embossing ink adding Ranger's Antiquities verdigris embossing powder.

The stars are Tim Holt's Adornment Stars.

I had fun!

Housekeeping
I had a comment about the "Notify" button in Comments.  Someone (Anonymous) left a comment saying they had clicked the "Notify" button and was sent three emails.  If you click the Notify button everyone who comments afterward will generate a new email.

For now I have the "anyone can comment including Anonymous users" turned on.  Unless there is an identity within the comment I won't publish it.  I do read them and respond right here.  I hope in this blog makeover adding an easy CAPTCHA will allow comments to publish straight to the blog excluding "bots."

Leave a comment today about the layout or the blog...I would love to hear your thoughts.  If you want to "Share" the blog post or layout... check out that symbol that looks like

When you click on this symbol (several places in the post and blog) the social media icons appear and you can share from there.  You probably already knew this, but it was new to me. LOL



Comments

  1. Blog is coming along~ I like :) ~ Love the title inspiration from the page. ***love it all****

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great! Such a pretty, pretty page! You work Graphic 45 so beautifully. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!