Art As Therapy, Part 2

 Another day, another opportunity, another Therapy Tag. 

This tag picks up my teen years.  My teen years were mostly a lot of confusion.  My bright spots were with my good friends who hung out at lunch on the front of the old school stairs.  Did you have a special "on school campus" hangout?  

Making one tag that helped look at my teen years, good and bad, wasn't easy.  The tag is mostly black and white with a bit of color on the rose (Prima).  I chose black and white and learned later these colors represent fear and unknowing.  Interesting.

 As I created the tag I had to narrow down what my experiences said to me and how different relationships impacted me.  

I used a black and white pattern paper and white paint diluted with water to mute the color and pattern.  Afterward embossed the whole tag (Texture Fades Embossing Folders--Alterations Postcard and Sheet Music from Tim Holtz-Sizzix).  

I made my own "image" with Prima's Julie Nutting doll stamp "Gina."   FYI:  The real photo at the bottom is me.  Some similarities to the doll! 

Other add on's are Tim Holtz idea-ology Salvaged Dolls and Chit Chat Words, Prima flower,  Julie Nutting paper for the base of the doll, Maya Road trinket pin, and leftover rub-on.  

Through my Art Therapy and with a more adult perspective my teen years became clearer.  I understand the impact on my adult life but choose not to continue to let it impact me with that "teenage" memory.  What do you do with your art that reflects your personal struggles and growth?  

Thanks for stopping by D's Paper Studio to explore my art.  Know you are welcome anytime.   

Art As Therapy, Part 1

Inspired To Created, Encouraged To Try



Comments

  1. You've still got it!!! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie. It has been awhile and it is fun catching up!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!