Art As Therapy, Part 4 Forgive and Grace

Well, you can't be Mary and Martha (see Art As Therapy 3) and not expect a bit of an explosion. 

I had to make two tags to tell the whole story.  I searched through my memories and documented my walk. I realized how blessed I am to have the world's greatest husband.  When at my lowest, angry, hurt, sad, hopeless, there was a man who stood beside me, in front of me, and behind me.

I created my husband's tag showing his forgiveness towards me.  On my tag, how God used him to show hope and grace.  

Without my art, I don't know if I could have told my story. 

The important take away from Art As Therapy is looking inside to realize

1. the part of you that needs to come through in the art,

2. you can create a safe way to express yourself,

3. there are no rules, splat it down, stamp it, glue it on and take something off.

Digging deep taught me to forgive myself. For me, art was an important experience that enabled me to share with a group of amazing women. 

Lots of products here: (Note:  I created the tags several years ago. It is hard to remember all the manufactures.)

Tim Holtz manila tags, Distress Ink, Alcohol Inks, Stampers Anonymous stamps, trinkets and more from Idea-ology

Finnabair's Art Alchemy ... on the butterfly

Prima rhinestones

My favorite part of the tags is the butterflies...stamped on, die-cut, painted and wrapped in wire.  I see 100 stories right there in my life. 

I appreciate all of you that stop and read a story without details except in my art tags.  I love your feedback.  It is encouraging and helpful always. 

Art As Therapy, Part 1

Art As Therapy, Part 2 

Art As Therapy, Part 3, Uniquely Normal

Inspired To Created, Encouraged To Try



Comments

  1. Anonymous11:03 AM

    What amazing tags! Yes, art is a safe way to express yourself! Love these and especially the one with beautiful you on it. Love the wings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wings are my favorite. Thanks, Cheryl.

      Delete
  2. These are amazing!!! Love everything about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tags, Debby! They make a beautiful statement! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!